Friday, November 11, 2011

Sleeping in would have been nice

 

No school today in celebration of those veterans who are currently serving or who have served in the military to protect our freedom. (Thanks, by the way)  So what do my kids do to celebrate? Wake up at 6:50am, run in screaming and demand a parade!  Seriously?!?!?!  My crazies never get up early, NEVER.  So what the heck?  Oh, yeah Grandpa promised a veterans day parade.

Montgomery River Region Veterans Day celebration 2011

I sooooo want a motorcycle.  I would look so cool and you know it.

So after bundling the kidos up for a 34 degree parade and dropping them off with Gramps I headed to the gym feeling foxy.

With some Jay-Z & Lincoln Park on a Pandora station I got rolling in treadmill hell.  It felt better than it had in a long time, a really long time.  And after 4 miles I was spent.  I realized that I hadn’t gone 4 miles in a long time and it was pretty nice.  It was one of those runs that reminded me that I do like running, sometimes. 

Now that being said, I did have a slight breakdown around mile 2 that was not related to running.  I was positioned at a treadmill under a TV, of course every TV is tuned to a news channel so I find myself watching national news to the tune of Jay-Z in my ear.  As I find my eyes wandering upwards to the screen I became entranced by a scene of two veterans, who are up there in age, carrying a wreath with the assistance of a marine in full dress at a monument (not sure where since I couldn’t hear).  The marine then placed the wreath down, the three men saluted each other and then turned and walked away.  So by the time it took me to watch that 2 minute clip I was a sobbing mess while running.  I’m sure the geezer next to me walking off his ensure was trying to figure out what was wrong or if he should find another treadmill.  But I pulled it together and finished my run strong and tried to avoid eye contact with the TV again.

brittanycrying

After pulling myself together and washing the stink off, I made it down to the opening of the Qdoba that opened this week for lunch with big D.  Terre Haute is hitting the big time.  I know you want to move here, don’t all come at once.

IMG_0985

DJ’s choice of steak burrito.

qdobasalad

My naked chicken taco salad. yum…

It was a little bit of heaven in the middle of the day.  And yes that is guacamole and sour cream.  Those should be their own individual food groups.  I just might campaign for that with the FDA.

And by the way it’s hard to type when you have this on your lap.

IMG_0987

Little girl #2 likes to cuddle.

She was simultaneously eating out of two different bags of goldfish as evidenced by the crumbs on her shirt.  I’m raising very polite, clean, sanitary individuals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment