Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Date Night

 

In the absence of children this week, the hubs and I decided to go on a bonafide date last night.   And by date I mean dinner and a movie because we can’t be any more inventive than that.  But we didn’t have to worry about a babysitter or getting home at curfew a decent hour ever!!!

Funny Miracle Whip Ecard: Our love for each other is almost as strong as our distaste for most everything else.

So Chili’s it was where I had a delicious Santa Fe Chicken Salad and he had the half rack of rib (Mississippi Dry Rub).  Excellent choice.  The salad was super spicy but in a good, “my tongue is not quite on fire but tingly in a good way spicy.”  After Chili’s I realized my poor time planning skills and had to figure out how to kill an hour and a half before the movie started.  So we did what we used to do in college we headed to the bookstore and wandered around and laughed at book covers.  Yes we choose to judge the book by the cover completely.  I did find a Brain Quest workbook for Little Girl #1 so that I can completely ruin summer for her and make home just like school for the next 3 months.  Go MOM!!!!

aftonmad

I would like to take a moment and personally thank Chris Hemsworth for topping off my night.

Snow-White-and-the-Huntsman-11

Something about a dirty man…

Snow White & the Huntsman was pretty good.  Kristin Stewart still needs some lessons on showing emotion and other miscellaneous acting skills.

Snow White and the Huntsman

Charlize Theron really makes the movie though.  She’s BA and I want to look like her when I grow up.

snow-white-huntsman-2_320

I know, and it makes me sad.

We still managed to be home by 11pm.  10 years ago I would have been out until at least 2am.  That’s what happens when you get old and can’t possibly go without sleep. Overall a great night, thanks D.

1 comment:

  1. I saw this too and thought the same thing. Although I do look as good as Charlize and we are the same age.

    ReplyDelete