Monday, February 25, 2013

New Goals

It seems as if I'm on a 4 mile kick. If I don't run at least 4 miles at a time I feel like a personal failure and should probably than spend the rest of the day in bed. Last night I had planned on a 6 mile run. But I spent the whole time sucking wind and stopped at 4.5. It was all I could do to get to that point. I guess I was in for a bad run considering all the last few have been pretty great. But the beauty of a bad run is that the next run should be better. Right? I'm right, right? Please tell me I'm right, because I don't really want to suck wind again today.

I really am dirty right now...

 

My goal for 2013 is to actually run a consistent 9 min mile. But since I'm starting around the 10:45 point I've got along way to go and it seems logical to set some small goals to meet on my way up to the ultimate goal. So I have decided my smaller goal is to work on some endurance. I want to be able to run for 60 min. I figure that once I get there I can work I speeding things up to fit more miles into that 60 min time frame. I don't really have more than an hour most days to run anyway so I feel that this is a do-able goal.

 

 

On a lighter note I complete my own taxes last night and do not owe money !!!! Super excited about this tid bit and we are getting a little back. Not as much as last year but enough to make me feel like ol Uncle Sam wants to be on my good side.

I know, most people do too.

 

Today, I paint. It is time to finish my oldest new room and get her separated from her sister so that at least one of them is getting some sleep and not playing together all night. I should have taken some before pictures but all you are gonna get is the after. Mainly because I'm lazy and don't really care about impressing anyone with my mad decorating skills.

 

 

I'm off to get high on some paint fumes.

 

1 comment: