Thursday, June 5, 2014

Buzzkill

 

I had 4.25 really good miles today.  The kind of miles that go pretty easy and you’re not quite sure why.  I’m not going to think too hard about it and ruin my high, cause that’s pretty much the story of my life

One of my little private joys, that I will deny if you every tell anybody, is that I really like to catch up on my TV shows while running on the treadmill.  I don’t want get to watch TV a whole lot, not that I have a burning desire to spend gratuitous amounts of time sitting and vegging out, as fun as that sounds.  But I do enjoy being undisturbed by miniature versions of myself while watching a “grown up show.” So enters the iPad while running in place.  If you would have asked me a year ago if I liked running on the treadmill I would have said no, but now I think I like it. 

So my current “running” show is 24.  I never saw it when it was on air originally and my sister has this sick little obsession with Keifer Sutherland.  So I decided to give it a shot or risk her beating me to a pulp.  Other than the fact that the cell phones are all flip phones and it appears that people can stay awake for 32 hours or more it’s pretty good.  Of course I’m not all the way through so I will save my final judgment for another day.

Wait… Is that not Jack Bauer?????

Side Note: We recently tried to make the family watch Lost Boys at a shindig get together thingy.  It did not go over well. 

Seeing that I only get to watch a show once per day it’s gonna take a freaking long time to get though all 487 seasons.  I should be 50 by the time I finish 24.  Good times.

1 comment:

  1. They have bad phones and they never eat or sleep for 24 hours. I don't see how that is unrealistic...? You'll like it, just go with it.

    ReplyDelete