Monday, June 2, 2014

Let’s Cut the Crap


Candy crush is destroying lives!  Mine, namely.  I found my self spending large amount of time mindlessly shifting pretty little colored candies around the computer screen.  It would suck multiple minutes per day; hours per week.  Ask me what I got out of this? The only positive I can think of is hand eye coordination.  The negatives started to stack up quickly when I really got to thinking about it.  I neglected cleaning the house, playing with the kids, reading good books, the laundry, or even sleeping.  ME…. SLEEPING!!!!! 
So I finally made the decision to (gasp) delete the app.  That was 5 days ago.  And much to my surprise I am still alive and potentially better for it.  This small victory over the “internet” has me thinking of other areas of my life that are truly wasted time.
We make so many excuses about not having “time” for anything that we should do that is actually good for us and then spend so much effort wasting the actual time we “don’t have.”  I want to read good books and exercise appropriately without excuse and give my kids a mother who is present for them.  So starts my journey to cutting out the crap.  I almost can’t wait to see what else I can get rid of that truly doesn’t matter and doesn’t add to my life. Except candy, candy always matters.
jennifer lawrence candy

Today I ran about 4 miles today on the treadmill at my super slow peanut butter pace but the good news is that I can go 4 miles and not die during the process.  The next goal I have for myself is to increase the pace I am running but still run the same amount of time.  It’s my own little theory to increase my pace time.  It may not work, but I figure at least if I’m still running it can’t be all bad. Right?

At least I’ll be upright.

No comments:

Post a Comment