Tuesday, July 10, 2012

County Fair Time

 

Impromptu visit today to the Vigo Co. Fair.  Thankfully it was not a sweltering hot mess today, only in the high 80’s.  The girls had been begging to do something and since I’m a cheapskate we went to the Fair while it was free.  Who am I kidding, I really went for this…

 IMG_1746

Walking Taco= Best invention EVER!!!!!

It was Swine Show Day so we were able to some nice clean hogs.  Only once did I hear, “Kelsey, get your pig!!!” and then saw a moderately large brown pig escaping through the crowd.  I’d like to believe that the pig truly escaped to find a new home where he can be free from the threat of “The Butcher”.  But then again probably rather just eat him as pork chops.

 

Of course there was a petting zoo where I made a new friend.

 norman

And if you haven’t seen City Slickers then go see it now and you will understand the reference.  This little guy wanted me to take him home (mainly to be prevented from being turned into burger).  He acted like a cat when you petted his head and pretty much asked me to scratch his chin.  We parted ways but not without a few tears.

And the girls made some new friends too.

ellierabbit

She kept saying, “They so soft…”  like it was amazing.

 

aftonchicken

I love blowing their minds with this information.

Now would think that a petting zoo would be a PG rated affair, but you would be wrong.  In the pot bellied pig pen there was a momma piggy and her piglets who were only 3 months old.  And lets just say, I had to have the birds and bees talk with the girls a little earlier than I’d hoped.  At least it was the abridged version and I only they gave them the bare bones of the story.  But every time we turned around we saw this…

IMG_1734 

And this…

IMG_1735

And just when I get a cute shot of something cute, I get photo bombed by pig sex…

IMG_1737

Seriously a sick pig.  Even the Mama pig couldn’t avoid her horny progeny.

IMG_1729

She kept biting him and tossing him aside every time he’d jump her.  The kids were so confused.  I’m confused too, baby pig incest???

 

Over all it was a great trip.  A lot of walking but nothing harrowing.  I just hope to not have nightmares about being attacked by pot bellied piglets…

2 comments:

  1. It's 6:46 a.m. here at work and my co-workers are all asking me why I am laughing...this post is hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great!! A horny baby pig photo bombed you!!!

    ReplyDelete