Monday, July 2, 2012

Living vicariously through Bob Costas

 

It has been 8 weeks since I have even entertained the thought of physical activity and I am now beginning to really want to be able to run.  My feet still hurt like a mother, but my brain needs to get out and run.  I am going to get serious about getting better, instead of hiding in my injury induced depression eating homemade buttercream icing on graham crackers. (Don’t judge my coping mechanisms.)

cupcake mugshot

 

I am so super excited for the Olympics this summer.  I’m thinking of taking a leave of absence from work in order to not miss a minute of coverage from London.  On second thought, I think I should probably just travel over there to make sure I get a proper handle on things.  A last minute ticket to London couldn’t be that expensive could it.

 

londonflight

 

Or not..

 

Well, I guess having Bob Costas live my experience for me will have to do.  Maybe seeing all those athletes will get me inspired to be slightly less of a slob.  Or maybe not…  If only there was an Olympic event in number of cupcakes one could consume in 1 minute.  I’d totally win.  Don’t ask me how I know that I could eat a large amount of cupcakes in a small amount of time, just trust me.

2 comments:

  1. You always make me laugh!! Hope to see you at work soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love you!!!
    I think you should go to London! You could do your best English accent and they would never know your a Yank! Cause your that good!

    ReplyDelete