Saturday, July 14, 2012

Fat running is hard!!!

 

Thought I would give a quick update on my dangling appendages.  And by dangling appendages I mean my feet and not boobs.  I have faithfully spent the last 2 weeks doing some stretching and rolling of my feet every night involving a tennis ball and a frozen can of cranberry sauce.  I found a great website that has assisted me in my healing process.  At athletes training athletes they really line out how and why and what you should be doing for each type of injury.  Instead of the doctor handing you a sheet of paper you don’t understand and even wonder if he could possibly do the exercises he wants you to do with his big pot belly hanging out.  (Sidebar: I always wondered how a fat doctor could tell me I needed to loose weight or get healthier, uhhhhh, look in the mirror first.) 

Homer-Simpson-Running

 

So anyhoo, after my come to Jesus talk with myself, I got down to business and really have seen some results.  I am by no means pain free but I can get through a day at work and not hobble home on bloody stumps and when I get up in the morning that first step in only uncomfortable instead of feeling like “OMG a shotgun has just blasted through my heel.” 

 

homersimpson49

Take note, feet!!!

Now the precarious thought…  When to start back to running.  Do I give it a few more weeks and see if they have more improvement or do I attempt a few very very very short runs and see how they feel? (Of course sitting on my backside has been much easier over all than running 13 miles.)  If only another type of cardio sounded remotely interesting I could abandon running all together.  Who am I kidding,  I am not coordinated enough to swim or bike. We are lucky I am capable of putting one foot in front of the other without falling over every 5th step.  I guess more rest would be better than re-injury…

 

homer-simpson

 

On a totally unrelated note, have you tried these…

IMG_1719

 

There are no words…. Go out, buy them now.  You can thank me later and I would like to publicly thank my friend Sarah for starting me on my love affair.

No comments:

Post a Comment