Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sweaty and Questionable

 

Isn’t if funny how you run into all sorts of people you know when you are sweaty and gross and possibly smell questionable?  Well that has happened to me today.  I had a 4 hour class at work which got over slightly early.  At which time I decided to use my time wisely and hit the gym.  Now the middle of the day is not my usual time for working out and as it turns out there are a lot of people that I know that choose the middle of the day to use the gym.  As you know I like to go when the '”Silver Sneakers” are there, but over the lunch hour is a much younger crowd.  Crapsticks!!

Funny Confession Ecard: I'd have a nicer butt if I wasn't so embarrassed by the exercise for nicer butts.

Anyhow, I ran 3 miles on the treadmill much to my surprise. (I had only told myself, “You only have to do one today.”)  and then finished out my hour of cardio on the elliptical.  All the while people I know, who are more fit than I by the way, felt the need to flaunt their physical prowess and make me feel like an overstuffed sausage in my running tights.  That's right, Sarah, I’m talking to you, you skinny little woman.  I will snap you in two.  By the way Sarah and I share a birthday that just around the corner.  Feel free to get us presents or shower us with cash.

10835_1189112485693_1164776308_30481403_56643_n[1]

Smile now Sarah, I’ll get you when your not looking.

This past weekend my mom and I went Antiqueing/Goodwilling.  It was fun had by all and I even found a few things for myself.Horse

This horse resembles a horse in my mom’s attic that me call ‘Ol Blue.  They wouldn’t let me ride him.

Deb3

I let my mom pick her own outfit out at Goodwill.  We are just gonna have to buy her clothes for her from now on.

We did have the find of the year.  A pair of brown leather, barley worn, Ralph Lauren Kitten heels.  And not the Chaps brand of Ralph Lauren, the actually, “I’m too expensive to actually spend money on” Ralph Lauren shoes.  They are a size 9 so these big old feet aren’t getting into them but I bought them anyway and am going to make my sister wears them since she has smaller feet than I.  You just can’t pass up that kind of deal for $3.50.

shoes

I also thought that I found a library table that I could use as a desk but the dolls that were guarding it wouldn’t let me have it so I backed off.

desk

Though I have not found the desk I have been looking for.  I have now resorted to Craigslist and hope that the desk that I am going to see tonight is not a trap where I will end up stuffed into someone's basement and forgotten about.  So if you don’t hear from me in a few days you know I’m in someone's basement on the East side of Terre Haute.

2 comments:

  1. I love going to the gym and getting lapped on the track by people I work with. I still don't have the shoes...I need to go to mom's and get them. And creepy is spelled creepy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that pic of me with your viewing audience! I thought it was a perfectly nice outfit! I don't understand your not liking it... I mean it was after Labor Day and I didn't have on white shoes! You know I do watch "What Not To Wear" and have been paying attention to their guidelines. I guess you are just going to have to give me some pointers so I can dress appropriately for my job in the school office. Personally I think the kids would have thought I was one "hot" tamale in that outfit!
    Love ya,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete