Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I’m now an accountant

 

Because my Dad seems to think that doughnuts are the perfect breakfast food my Saturday run was a bit spoiled.  You see, doughnuts make me happy and feel all warm and fuzzy.  And Saturday was cold outside, and who wants to go outside and sweat balls when your all nice and fuzzy.  Not this girl.  So I postponed my 4 mile run to Sunday.  (Not to mention my sister was in town on Saturday and I can’t be running with people who look better in tights than I do, so I convinced her that we should take a “rest” day. And the evil plot thickens.)

Exactly!!!

Anyhoo, I managed to squeak out 4.5 miles on Sunday after Church and then another 3 today on the treadmill.  Today was defiantly a recovery run, seeing as that I haven’t run 4.5 miles in a long while and my legs and heels were screaming about it.  So I took it really slow today, almost speed walking, but I guess I feel better for it.  And after seeing pictures of myself at the “Surprise” party I decided that it might be in my best interest to add weight lifting to my plan.

Kid with weight_width_640x

I’m pretty sure this is how I look when lifting heavy things.

 

Score one for me, I got the taxes done last night and I didn’t even pull out enough hair to make a bald spot.  I think this is the first year we have completed our taxes before the end of March. We got a letter in December stating that our tax guy had retired,(Rude!) but that company he worked for would be glad to keep taking out money and letting some other Joe Schmo do our taxes for us.  Sure, take this $200 and wait for ever to file it, person I don’t know and have never met.  So I did what any sane person would do, I did them with the help of my new friend, TurboTax.  She’s great, a budding friendship that could potentially turn into a serious romance.  I suspect that we will see each other again in the future.  She feeds into the whole, me having control over everything, issues that I have.  And she saved me over a hundred bucks so we are pretty tight now. BFF’s really.  Don’t be jealous.

Only one more day of my Staycation, what should I do????

No comments:

Post a Comment