Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Let’s get this vacations going…

 

Two weeks without work started today.  This staycation was kicked off right with a 3 mile run on the treadmill at the gym.  And if my diabolical plan goes well, I will be back on track for my half marathon by the end of the two weeks.  I’ve been pretty lazy the last few month about training and I can really tell.  I can measure it too, on the scale… 

hector2

I’m just as shocked as you Hector.

I also have dealt with annoying heel pain for the last 5 years off and on.  Of course it is worse with running but I’ve always pushed through.  Well the last couple of weeks I have literally wanted to cut my left foot off my body to make the pain go away.  I am seeing a podiatrist about it but he has me putting a cream on my heels 4 times per day and taking an anti-inflammatory twice daily and I can’t always remember to do those things and take my Alzheimer's medications.  I’m just wondering if there is maybe something more going on that heel spurs.

hector

He really would, I don’t understand why he likes my feet so much.

 

On the way home this morning I was stuck behind a woman in a BMW driving at warp speed (18 mph) while talking on a cell phone.  Road rage could be a small problem that I have that is only brought about by other stupid drivers.  Really lady, lets be extremely rude and obnoxious while possibly causing a wreck.  GET OFF YOUR PHONE.  Just drive.  It can wait.  And if it can’t wait pull over!

She must have read these…

 

salad

 

My salad made me feel better.  Too much avocado?  I didn’t think so.  And yes gold fish are a viable substitute for croutons.  Especially when you have a 2 year old who sits in your lap while eating and wants to pick at your food too.  Bingo bango, they pick the gold fish.  And don’t worry I topped that bad boy off with some ranch dressing.  It was delicious.  Probably not as nutritious that way, but defiantly delicious.

 

 

 

Here is to hoping that might foot doesn’t fall off in the morning…

No comments:

Post a Comment