Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Moonshine

 

Just as I was walking into the gym today my friend Tena gave me a ring and asked pleaded physically forced me to meet her and a few other friends for a lunch outing.  And you know how much I hate to eat, so I sucked it up and agreed to go.  I ran 2miles on the treadmill and spent another 30 minutes on the elliptical.  Time well spent, I’d say.  I did manage to get a shower in before meeting the girls at an undisclosed location.  We then spent the next 40 minutes driving to an out of the way place that Tena had heard about on the the travel channel.  Moonshine, IL.  You heard of it?  Yeah, me neither…

 

IMG_1243

Welcome to Moonshine, Population “2”.  It seemed safe enough, there weren’t any dueling banjos playing or anything.  It’s not often that you can capture a whole town in a photo from your phone.  And this is the whole town.

IMG_1247

IMG_1246

IMG_1245

I’m pretty sure that Cheryl is threatening Kathy that if this sucks she is gonna get it.

I will say that this place really surprised me.  Now there weren’t any tables, or menus, or silverware, but it was SOOOOOO good. The restaurant is called “Moonshine” oddly enough and they specialize in the “Moonburger”.  I can not express to you how delicious this burger was.  I could have eaten two if it was considered socially acceptable.

IMG_1248

This is the WHOLE store.  Please note, no tables.

IMG_1249

Cindy and Tena enjoying their burger, and the décor. Notice the boxes lining the walls. I think Cindy might be seizing.

IMG_1252

It was to delicious to remember to take a pic before eating.  I topped mine with cheese, onion, pickles, horseradish, and spicy mustard.  Don’t judge.

IMG_1251

Don’t stop eating girls, it’s just a picture.

And if you want to use the bathroom I hope that you a comfortable with a porta potty cause that’s all they got.

399792_2574057275182_1366825425_31947852_1114808497_n[1]

And I’m ok with that.

Over all a great trip, unexpected but wonderful.  I highly encourage anyone to take the out of the way trip.

On a side note my friend Amanda, who coincidently has a cute little blog about decorating and organizing and cooking and whatever else she wants to cause that’s how she rolls, sent me a message telling me that my blog is a blocked site at her work because of content.  Who me?  It must be all the references to crap.  I’m so proud to be a rebel causing discord at the places of work of those 5 people who read this drivel. 

 

Have you been a rebel lately?

3 comments:

  1. Days like this I hate working m-f....love and miss u guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. after the seizure, id say my cleavage looks pretty great for a 39 y.o. who has had 3 kids and gbp. Good bra. Anyway, damn that moon burger was good and was nice spending some time with you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the mention! I can't comment from work, but I can still read! Thanks, google reader!

    ReplyDelete