Sunday, February 19, 2012

Surprise…

 

There was a time that I had considered myself to be an observant person.  But apparently my grey and aging brain has lost a step.  Crap!!!  There were so many signs earlier in the week, stupid questions from friends, shady dealings with the husband, and people being weird.  I should have seen it coming.  I should have known…

 

 

IMG_4839

I didn’t exactly have the reaction that my husband wanted.

 

Big D was pretty bummed that my first reactions was a poor one.  Let’s just be honest, I was a little pissed off.  He took me to dinner and fed me a line about wanting to stop by a party for a friend and that we would just make an appearance.  Well much to my horror I walked into a room filled with a bunch of my so called “friends”.  A real friend might have tipped me off so that I could have washed my hair!!!

IMG_4848

Kathy, I know my hair was bad, but you could at least open your eyes and pretend I look good.

IMG_4853

Same goes to you Cheryl!!!

IMG_4856

At least there was cake.

And this isn’t just any cake, its “Joanne” cake.  Joanne is my best friends mom, who makes cake of many sorts.  In fact she made my wedding cake.  I would do devious things just to get a piece of this cake.  So at least this party had a redeeming factor.  My family also showed up to rub my age in my face.

IMG_4851

I don’t understand why my brother couldn’t drive from Florida for this party???? And hey there grizzly Adams.

IMG_4858

Smile now.  You know what payback is like?

I have to say that over all I had a good time.  Yes it was a rocky start but I woun’t kill anybody just yet over it.

IMG_4862

Don’t do it, you can still eat cake.

I’m just going to have to hone my observation skills and prepare for a counter attack.  You will never know when it will happen oh, husband of mine, but it will happen, and it will be swift and you will be surprised!!!

IMG_4859

IMG_4868

Rub it in my face, will ya?

Look out 31, here I come.

2 comments:

  1. After you got over the shock...you loved being the center of attention...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way I see it you are lucky that your husband cares enough to go through all the trouble of planning a party for you. My hubby has yet to throw me any birthday party, surprise or not. I do a party for him almost every year, but because he doesn't really care about birthdays or parties, he thinks that he doesn't need to go through the effort for me..
    Now what we really want to know is what did he get you for a gift?!!

    ReplyDelete