Saturday, April 28, 2012

Another Potential Embarrassment

 

Fate has been conspiring against me of late.  The foot, the weather, any other excuse I can find to blame my lack of desire to exercise, just insert lame excuse here______.

leroy1

Today was no different.  It was suppose to be the last long run before next Saturday.  And seeing that it was pouring this morning an outside run was out of the question.  So in all my wisdom I fixed breakfast for the fam and waited until the little ones laid down for a nap to head off to the gym.  Well mistake number one for the day was waking up. Mistake number two was eating a greasy breakfast.  A half a mile into it I started the tell tale signs of the “scoots”, if you know what I mean.  At mile 2 I had to jump of the treadmill and hot foot it to the bathroom (thank God I was inside today and near a lou).   Now you’re thinking, everything is fine…  Well you’d be wrong!!!  The next three miles were spent running with clenched cheeks of terror.  (Why did I pick the treadmill the furthest from the bathroom???)

witch

All I can say is, at least I got in 5 miles.  I couldn’t bring myself to show my face in the gym after a second sprint to the bathroom.  I might have gotten a new nick name if I did ( Madam craps a lot or Senora Scoots).   But it Indy or bust in  7 days.  Watch out fellow runners who may be near me in coral Q, I could need to cut across you to a port-a-pot  at a moments notice.

Thinking of making Jen ride this during the race for me.

Only 3 more days until vacation…Lets make like a baby and head out.

No comments:

Post a Comment