Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Back on track

 

This week has been a great running week, albeit on the treadmill, but good.  Monday I did my planned 3 miles at the butt crack of dawn before going in to work and much to my surprise I didn’t die.  Yesterday was a 5 mile run that seemed to go on forever but I kept to a 10:35 pace much to my pleasure.  And then today was another 3 mile run.  I’m already ahead of last weeks miles by 50 billion.  And on the plus side no one picked a treadmill next to me and assaulted me with gas today. Win for me!!!

I’m hoping that my sister is ready run a super slow half in May so that I don’t have to look like a tard with a bum foot who couldn’t train adequately.  I hate talking to strangers during a race when I’m sucking wind but trying to look cool, so difficult.

Funny Friendship Ecard: We are so hilarious. I feel bad for the people who don't get to listen to our conversations and enjoy our hilariousness.

 

It’s actually been a pretty productive week.  I managed to finish a purse that I started sewing 6 months or more ago.

purse

 

And I made my own coffee creamer that turns out to be way cheaper than buying it from the store.

creamer

I’m thinking about running away with this concoction…

 

And later today it’s parent teacher conference time for Little Girl #1.  It’s going to go something like this:

Teacher: Your child is a pleasure to have in class, however is a little too social.

Me: And…?

Teacher: Maybe we should retain her another year to develop.

Me: To develop what, new friendships with different kids that will require her to be even more social?  The state of Indiana doesn’t even require that kids attend Kindergarten…

Afton2

I could go on, but as you can see I’m prepared to be quite defensive of my child if need be.

No comments:

Post a Comment