Thursday, March 22, 2012

Back in the saddle

 

This week has not started out great as the wave of sickness crashed over from last week.  I did manage to get to the gym after work on Tuesday and run 2.5 miles on the treadmill before I went home and collapsed from my 16 hour day.  Then today I decided to attempt something a little different.

Since the cortisone injection last week I’ve been pretty hesitant to run.  Lets just be honest, I really don’t like pain and that injection made my foot feel pretty darn good.  But I swallowed my fear today but decided to run on the trail.  It’s a nice paved trail that I used a lot last summer.  But unlike the back woods country roads I have been running on lately it’s flat.  And by flat I mean I don’t feel like I running on the side of a mountain with my ankles bent in funny directions.  And you know what, my feet felt all the better for it.  I had to stop around mile four when the pain started to twinge and I didn’t want to do the tough guy thing and “push through it”.  I need to listen to my body more often.  I still took it at a snails pace but I felt great through most of the run.  And I’m glad cause I could really use a good run now.

Anyhoo…….

So I guess the new trend for the masses is to wear the skinny jeans in a bold color.

image

Great, another trend that 80% of women can’t/shouldn’t wear.  Why don’t we accentuate large calves and big thighs or muffin tops by planting a big caution sign on them.  I’ve attempted to try these types of jeans on and it’s not pretty.  Most of the time the calf of the jean is so tight that in order to find a size that fits that body part it makes the top of the jean huge.

Just cause it buttons doesn’t mean it’s your size.

Nothing like resembling a stuffed sausage!!!  I just want to be fashionable without having to adopt anorexia as a lifestyle change.  I like cupcakes and want to continue to eat them at my leisure.

cupcake

Don’t make me choose… because the jeans will loose every time.

Maybe someday it will be fashionable to have large muscular legs and some brilliant designer will make some pants that make them look good.  Just a dream, I suppose.

Hunger games.jpg

You better read it!!!

The Hunger Games opens tomorrow in theaters.  Get pumped cause we are going and you are gonna love it.

1 comment:

  1. How did you ever get that pic of Sarah in her red skinny jeans? Randall is the only chic I know that can pull those off!

    ReplyDelete