Monday, March 12, 2012

Crappy feet, can I get some new ones?

 

Here is how today was supposed to go: see foot doctor, let him hem haw around and tell me to come back in 4 weeks, go for a 4 mile run, and then clean the house.  Seems simple enough, no? Not exactly and I’m a little upset about it.

scrappy

Here is how the conversation went at the doctors office:

Doctor: “How’s the feet doing?”

Me: “I’d like to cut my left foot off my leg.”

Doctor: “Oh…well lets stick a really big needle in your heel and poke it around for awhile with some steroids.”

Me: “I guess that’s better than cutting my foot off.”

image201203120002

This is the reenactment of the face I made while the doctor stabbed me with a really big needle.

Long story short, I let him inject my heel today with a steroid in hopes to decrease the swelling and inflammation in hopes that the plantar fasciitis can heel properly.  Of course this interrupted my plan of running today.  I was ordered home to put my foot up for the rest of the day.  I’m also not quite clear when I can actually run again. But if I know me I won't do half of what I am supposed to do and probably end up hurting myself more.  It’s my curse in life to know what I am supposed to do but not really do it, at least when it comes to my health.

huge feet are a sign of bigfoot

Well they are…

So I’m catching up on the DVR today and “resting” the foot.  I just pray that it gets better.  Or else I’m going to look funny running with a stump.

 

What would you do if you suddenly found you had some extra lounging time on your hands?

1 comment:

  1. I hope your foot heels in time for the mini because if I signed up for that thing and you don't run it with me I will break your good foot.

    ReplyDelete