Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Note to self, injury’s suck

 

After my 4.5 miles this morning my foot is starting to hurt a little more.  It’s not on fire but there is a dull roar going on down there especially when first standing up that is not exactly present.  The bright side is that it was fine during the run.  It took the first mile to warm up but the rest of my time in treadmill purgatory was decent as far as pain goes.  It’s the after that kills me.

I am beginning to think that this pain could be related to the orthotics that the doctor had me buy.  I can relate the intensification of pain to the wearing of those darn orthotics that I formed in the oven.  I don’t think that the left foot ever was formed correctly and the way they fit has caused some damage or something.  In fact, when I bought my new work shoes I went back to the old version of orthotics I used a couple of summers ago that I remember didn’t do this to me.

I will not let pain stop me.  If I can get through training for the half in Indy in May I can just take some time off to heal properly, maybe.  I don’t know.  This injury isn’t making my feel any less old right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment