Sunday, March 11, 2012

I’ll try to do better next time

 

Let’s be honest, 7 miles might have been a little ambitious of a goal today.  The wind wasn’t bad and temperature was wonderful all day today.  But I had a few things stacked against me today.  I knew today was going to be an afternoon run since it’s Sunday and we attend church in the morning.  Knowing this, I ate a very light breakfast of a clif bar-oatmeal walnut raisin ( tasty!!!) and figured that when we got home I would be prime for my run.  But other forces conspired against me.

untitled

Ok, maybe it was my own weak will power combined with the restricted diet that led me to agree to lunch at the Tepanyaki Grill.  To be frank, it’s a buffet.  A decent buffet, but a pig trough non the less.  I was able to make good decisions while there.  Salad, some baked fish, and green beans but I am awful at running after eating a meal no matter how nutritious.  So the “Oh so nutritious meal” had me sluggish from the start.

images

My heel has been on fire the past couple of days and nothing seems to make it feel better, plus some other unmentionable monthly issues.  My foot warmed up after about a mile and a half.  In fact the first two miles were decent, I took them slow knowing that I wanted to be able to speed up for the last 4.  Well, my plan was blown out of the water fairly quickly.  I started to peter out around mile 3 and the miles seemed to slow down from there.  But the bright side of running outside is, unlike the treadmill where you can just get off and hit the gym when you wanna be a quitter, you gotta get back. 

witch

So long story short I manage 6 agonizing miles today at probably the slowest pace I’ve ever run.  Now I pretty much want to cut my left foot off my leg and feel slightly depressed about my performance today.  But hey, at least I got up and did something today.

 

What did you manage to get through today?

No comments:

Post a Comment