Sunday, March 4, 2012

I’d be the first one gone in a horror movie

 

Today was supposed to be a 6 mile run, but because I’m behind on my schedule I did 5.  Lets just be honest about it, I couldn’t do 6 miles today if Freddy Kruger were chasing me down at midnight.  I couldn’t get over an 11 minute mile to save my life.  I’d be more depressed about my lack of ability if it wasn’t for the fact that a 5 mile run hasn't happened in a long time, so it made me feel slightly more accomplished than, oh say, Snooki or Lindsay Lohan.  I had to keep bouncing back and forth in my music to find songs to keep me going after the first 2 miles.  But at least I can say that it’s done.  So BOO YA!!!

snooki

lindsay

Totally winning!!!

 

 

When I was young and dreamed of having kids I didn’t really thing through the thought of them getting older.  That dream always involved a baby but never the older child.  Well, I had a reality check yesterday.  My oldest daughter turned 6!!!  I think I actually saw her get older yesterday right before my eyes.  And she didn’t even ask permission.  In fact I’ve been telling her for years to stop growing, but does she listen?  It’s quite rude of her to disobey her mother.

428284_10150656551917250_655322249_9323081_921082064_n[1]

What a ham.  Always posing!!!

We had a bowling party at a local place with the other little girls from her Kindergarten class as well as some cousins who are around her age.  It was pretty fun…for her.  I spent most of the time pondering how quickly this all seemed to happen.  Over all I thought it went well and Little girl #1 said it was “Awesome”.  (I know, I throw a great party!!!)  After the may lay was over I have to settle the bill with the server who did an amazing job keeping the drinks filled and the pizza around.  Somehow I got it in my head that the bowling lanes were $10 per lane per hour, which would have totaled $40. So when the receipt had double that on it I was a little shocked to say the least.  I ended up getting a manage and arguing for the price I was quoted on the phone until they re-rang my ticket.  Then I got home and double checked the notes I had made while talking with the event coordinator just to confirm that I was right.  Much to my horror I WAS WRONG.  I’ll even say it again cause it doesn’t happen very often, I WAS WRONG. 

Jess6

It’s hard for me to believe too.

I felt awful, so very, very, awful.  I called my husband who was still out and about and made him go back to tell the server that I was a giant ninny head and was wrong and pay for the rest of the ticket.  Of course, he wasn’t keen on being the one to go but I made sure that he let them know I was the one who screwed this up.  I guess I’ll never be able to show my face there again.  I’ll have to change my hairstyle and speak in a British accent so they won't know who I am if I ever go back.

 

Don’t you hate it when your wrong????

1 comment:

  1. It has been noted that you admitted you were wrong. It's in your file.

    ReplyDelete