Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Well today turned out differently than planned

 

Now, I can’t be sure how long this will last but my left foot feels pretty good.  Not perfect but soooooo much better than the day I wanted to slice it off my leg. This may be the Cortisone talking but I think things are looking up. 

Sorry your use of performance-enhancing drugs hasn't enhanced your performance.

After two days of letting my feet rest I decided to gingerly attempt a run this morning.  The left ankle is still a little stiff but OMG did it feel great to not be in severe pain while running.  I still ran slow because I wasn’t sure how much I should really push it.  The plan was to do 3 easy miles, but about 3/4 of a mile in I received a phone call.  The grade school called and little girl #1 was running a temperature of 101.  I’m sure the nurse wondered what the heck was going as I was breathing rather heavily in her ear.  I tried to explain to her that I was outside running and  would have to run home in order to pick her up.  She probably hung up and filed my name under “crazy heavy phone breather”. 

Sorry your sick day is due to actual sickness.

So, I ran all the way home, which I don’t normally do.  I usually stop before the giant hill near my house and walk home but I struggled up the mountain and made it home and only ran 1.5 miles.  Maybe that’s God’s way of keeping me from over doing it. 

The school secretary probably thinks I’m also crazy too, since I walked in the office still dressed from my run and sweating profusely.  It didn’t seem to stop them from letting me take her though…

image201203140002

I am now sitting at home and letting the sickling tattoo my legs with markers.  Let’s not discuss how we got to this point, it’s keeping her happy and not thinking about being sick (and possibly missing the field trip tomorrow).  Sexy, no?

1 comment: