Thursday, October 6, 2011

Checking Out the Diet

 

The Run:

I was a little worried today about the ole foot after the last run where my it actually fell off my body, but it all turned out well. After decided upon Beastie Boys Radio on Pandora I was able to complete 4 miles on the treadmill in around 40:30, making for a 10:07 pace. After the run I hopped on the elliptical for 15 more minutes.  I’ve been trying to do more cardio.  We’ll see how long that lasts…

Consider me a Brass Monkey Junkie

The Crap:

I decided that if I was going to follow the diet outlined in “Racing Weight”  I should probably try some the suggested foods in order to increase my odds of success.  So I bought some different Kashi cereals to try since they are high in Protein and other goodness.

kashi

Neither cereal is bad, but the Toasted Berry Crumble definitely beats out the Honey Almond Flax.  I enjoy cereal that is sweet and its definitely the sweeter of the two.  Don’t get me wrong they both taste “healthy”, I wasn’t expecting fruit loops, but they both exceeded expectations.

cliffbar

These are one of my favorite pre-run meals, usually morning runs,are never heavy in my gut and don’t leave an after-taste.  They don’t taste like an energy bar and they are all organic.  And there is a wide variety of flavors.  I’ve yet to taste one that I don’t like.  Carrot Cake is an especial favorite of mine!!!

proteinpowder

Yeah, me too.

This is my first attempt at protein powder.  And since I’m a cheapskate I went with the cheapest that Wally World had to offer.  But this new diet calls for more protein than I usually take in so I had to get it somewhere.  It will do for now.  Not to gritty, but I also mixed it with more liquid than called for to keep it from being real thick.

DSC_0362

Yes, it does say wide mouth. Keep your comments to yourself.

Don’t be jealous of my Ball jar for a glass.  You know you will be looking for one now to be just like me.

And in case you were wondering, here was my dinner for tonight.

DSC_0371

Lots of green. Broccoli, romaine, mushrooms, tomato, onion, and a whole avocado.  I’m not sure if a whole avocado is good for you.  But if it’s wrong, then I don’t want to be right.  I could bathe in avocado daily, is that wrong too?

I hope to try some more foods listed in “Racing Weight” in the next week or so as I plan to start around October 18th ish.  But if most of the food go as well as the above listed we are looking at a good run here.

What are your feelings on avocado?

2 comments:

  1. Your post sure does make me regret the 4 squares of break and bake cookie dough I had as I walked out the door at 6:00 a.m. for work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Jillian Michael's protein powder. Doesn't taste too bad not sure if it really makes a difference but I like to make myself believe that. I heart avacado! Jen - I had a thing of cookie dough (4 squares) the other week for dinner plus two woodchucks. Meal of champions I tell you!!

    ReplyDelete