Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Set the DVR to Catch Hell

 

Yesterday it had been 4 days since running.  So the 3 miles did do yesterday morning were difficult.  I kind of feel like I’ve hit some mental block with running/working out.  I use to want to get up in the morning and get moving.  I haven’t felt like that lately.  I just don’t want to do anything!  Sheer apathy on my part.

Funny Cry For Help Ecard: I prefer depression over exercise.

 

I did watch a great documentary or sorts last night.  “Catching Hell” has been on the DVR for weeks now and I just haven't’ had the time to watch it.  For those us Cubs fans this is a very important topic, Steve Bartman.

It chronicles the ins and outs of what happened the day he reached over the wall to attempt to catch a foul ball in the eight inning of game 6 against the Marlins.  I remember that game and seeing it happen.  This poor man was vilified for doing something that every other person  who goes to a ballgame would do, but some sort of mob mentality set in has ruined this mans life.  He is still living in some sort of hiding and to this day hasn’t accepted a penny for an interview.

 

I feel so bad for this guy.  And if you don’t know the story or  are a cubs fan this is a great documentary to see.  ESPN runs it occasionally so set your DVR.

By the way, I haven’t been very consistent at all with the whole Racing Weight Diet.  I’m gonna have to start all over.  And that is depressing all in it’s self.

3 comments:

  1. No one cares about the Cubs. Cardinals are in the world series however...we may win or we may lose but Cub fans don't know the feeling of either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that guy! I saw his story on one of those 'Remember back in the day, when..." shows. Poor dude. And don't be sad about the not being consistent with the Diet....it's all about, like, trying and stuff. I haven't done my Burpee Challenge in 4 days, so that means I have 305 burpees to do tomorrow. Goodtimes. But I figure I'll at least give it a go.

    ReplyDelete