Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Grey and Sad


Today could be better, but it could also be worse.  I currently sitting in my original home. Minier, IL.  It’s in the middle of no where land.  Don’t come here, there is nothing is see.  Seriously, there is not even a stop light.  Now don’t be jealous but there are 2 gas stations that both sell pizza and double as the movie store.  I grew up living the high life.  You can borrow my silver spoon some time too, I’m not too good to share.
imageYou know you want to come see the water tower.

I am here to celebrate the life of my great-grandmother Evelyn who lived to the ripe old age of 98.  Can you believe that, 98?  And she lived alone in her own home until about 3 months ago.  I just hope that my genes are that good.   She was almost late to her own funeral though.  Her home was in Siletz, OR were half my family lives but her burial plot is here in Minier so she had to be flown back. but she missed the flight.  I don’t know the ins and outs of flying the deceased but it seems like who ever is in charge should get the job done right the first time.
Deb N Gram Greathouse
That’s my mom and Gram.  She was pretty short.  I’m doomed to a life of shortness.
So now I am hanging out with my family.  It’s a great excuse for not exercising.  Not to mention that it’s pretty grey and misting outside.  Great day for some soup or hot cocoa.  So anyhoo we are off to take a family nap.  Maybe I’ll feel funny later.

2 comments:

  1. If you are still there when you get this comment, can you please take a picture and/or buy one of the pizzas at the gas station? I'm just curious.
    ...and if you ship it to me, I'll paypal you a reimbursement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally send you the best pizza from Casey's but it's a Taco pizza and the Dorito's would be soggy by the time they get to you. Don't be sad about that.

    ReplyDelete