Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Motivation Required

 

For some reason, I have avoided running outside lately. Not really sure why, could be because I don’t feel like pushing myself to run faster or because I’m sick of running in all the same routes or some slight depression over not having a buddy.  Either way, I’m gonna hit the gym more often till I feel like it’s time for a change.

Speaking of the gym, they got all new treadmills sometime over the last 3 days and I love them!  And I got the treadmill real estate by the fan today. Score one for this chick!  I managed to pull out 4 miles at a 10:10 pace before my left foot broke in half.  I started to feel it around mile 2 but thought, what the heck, push through.  I still have that little coach yelling at me in the back of my head that I can’t quit until I puke. 

brokenfoot

 

Even though the old foot was falling of my leg I did manage to do some weights with my arms.  I really need to do this type of stuff more often.  I have been consistently running for over a year now and haven’t seen the weight loss I saw a the beginning though there is a considerable amount to go.  I know it is because I have grown complacent and unwilling to change routine in order to improve.  As well as eating habits that are less than stellar.

cupcake

It should be noted that cupcakes are considered a mental health food in my book.

 

I have decided to do the meal plan that I read in “Racing Weight” over my vacation that is coming up this month and follow the routine outlined in it.  I’m still making my notes.  I’ll have another post on that later this week.

 

I finished the book “The Help” by Kathryn Stockett this week and I really liked it.

I can’t go see a movie that is based on a book before reading the book.  Mainly because movie companies usually make such poor representations of the authors words on screen.  I’d rather know the back stories and the real ending to the plot instead of the Hollywood version.  Anyhoo, “The Help” was awesome. It gave me a view into a time and place that I knew existed but they can’t teach in high school history class.

revenge-of-the-nerds

Lessons like how to dress in a socially appropriate way.

It’s an easy read through an emotional roller coaster that follows three women who decide to write a book that sheds light on the relationship between black domestics and their white employers in the 1960’s.  I have a feeling that the movie will not do it justice just as I lack the ability to describe the book appropriately.  Just go read it will you?

Today I started the book “The Devil in the White City” by Erik Larson.  I’m super excited for this one cause it’s a true story and will be all the freakier for it.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Amongst my many problems, motivation is one of them. I swear I bribe myself with little goals to go and get my workouts done.
    Most of my rewards are booze-related...not the noblest of goals, but works for me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am halfway through The Devil in the White City and I bought The Monster of Florence to read when that's done.

    I haven't ran since the Morton 10K. FYI

    ReplyDelete