Friday, September 30, 2011

I Need a Buddy

 

Today was a busy day between getting little girl # 2 to the doctor for a 2 year well child check and a meeting for work this afternoon.  I did manage to get to the gym around 4:00pm.  Three miles on the treadmill at a 9:40 pace. I decided that I wasn’t going to get any faster running slow.  So, even though 9:40 isn’t much faster than my usual 10 min mile it felt like I was FLYING.  My legs were burning after that pace.  It’s tough to get this much weight moving that fast.

Jen3

I know, I bore myself.  I need to be a better runner to be more entertaining I guess.

Lately it’s been hard to find the motivation to get one foot in front of the other.  I need someone to kick my butt on a daily basis especially if I am gonna be a better runner.

How in the world do you find a running buddy when you don’t know many people?  I’ve lived in Terre Haute for 9 years but have avoided civilization like the plague.  I probably wouldn't know anyone except for the fact I have to work in order to have things like food and clothing.  And at said job, they make me actually work with other people. Can you believe that?

 

In other new:

Here is what my living room looked like today.  Like a Barbie convention gone wrong.

barieroughnight

If I had a nickel for every night like this I’d have… well nothing.

barbieken

Could be a shark bite or a bar fight, I’m not sure.

Things could always be worse.  They could have been partying with the potato head family that was under the foot stool.  Those taters are totally crazy.

 

Check out this family.  Aren’t they precious?

Family

Don’t ask how many takes it took to get a decent shot.

 

Three cheers for the free church directory photo!!!  The little one looks like she is plotting something. 

 

I promise that I will be more interesting at a later date.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting that pic of Jen...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, the Barbies are hilarious. I can recall feeling like that...unfortunatly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you. Ever since I've discovered Amazon, my People Avoidance has gone up by 30-40%.

    ReplyDelete