Friday, September 9, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away

 

I’ve said it before, but I’m a fair weather runner.  So when I looked outside this morning while getting the girls ready for school and all I could see was gray, light gray, dark gray, and more crappy gray; it made me fell the need for some happy pills. Running in a misty drizzle isn’t my, or my hairs, idea of fun.  I wanted to do a longer run today (rain free preferably) and those just aren’t as fun on the treadmill (but there’s less rain) and I never tend to push myself on the treadmill like I should.

Jessforpresident

I’m super excieted about the rain.

But to the gym and the treadmill I went.  A lot of other people had this idea as well seeing as the gym was hopping when I got there at 8:15am.  Now it was mostly an elderly crowd but there were some young spry ones floating around too.

Cranky

She’s just wants to come to the concert in my head.

It was a sweaty, messy 6 miles ( I probably would have got just as wet running outside).  Most of it spent with a little old lady eyeballing me while I sang to myself. (She’s probably just jealous that she doesn’t sound angelic like me)  I later weighted my shirt and pants to see how much I was sweating and they weighted in at a hefty 2.5 lbs.  It was a serious waterfall draining from my head today.

DSC_0129

Notice the color difference from above.  I’m beastly.

After the run I did about 3 sets of 25 sit ups just to round out a good workout, or to fool myself into thinking that I’m some sort of athlete, and I was done.  I’ve got a 10K race coming up next weekend, this girl could probably use some better training methods. (insert sad face here)

rock-hard-abs-on-girl-exercising

Now I’m gonna plan some fun for a date tonight with big D.  He turns 31 tomorrow.  Shhhhhh, don’t let him know that I spilled his age.  He’s a little touchy about that subject.

215130_1029245012339_1261758468_30115198_4710_n[1]

It’s ok DJ, we still love you even though you are old.

We were so young in this picture.  That was pre-kids.  In fact I believe I was pregnant there. Boy, now I’m feeling old… well crap!  What makes you feel old?

3 comments:

  1. Whoa....that shirt was mighty soaked. Beastly! Ha!

    As for effort, when other people give 50%, that is actually the same as me giving 100% effort. So anything over 50% is just extra effort and should be rewarded. That's how I see it.

    By the by, one of the pictures didn't load for me...the one titled Cranky. =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring a tow rope to our race this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...and what makes me feel old is being closer to 40 than 30.

    ReplyDelete