Monday, September 19, 2011

Mount Squashmore

 

After spending my Saturday morning running with a bunch of strangers, most of which run faster than I do, I spent another 3 or 4 agonizing hours waiting for and suffering through a “Pumpkin” parade all in the name of motherhood.  Sure I was sweaty, sore and really, really, REALLY hungry but why not watch horses poop and politicians pass out candy in an effort to obtain my vote. (Suckers don’t know I live in Indiana and can’t vote in Central Illinois, mua hahahaha, insert devilish grin)

elliecandy

I had my girls on candy like white on rice.  Little girl #2 even suffered a slight case of road rash to the nose in order to get a dark chocolate Milky Way.  Her big old head pulled her forward when she reached down while standing on a curb. She’s at least got her priorities straight.

ellienose

She also bounced right back after spotting Clifford walk by in the parade exactly 2.7 seconds after falling off the curb on her nose.

It doesn’t look as bad in the picture but it is.  What’s really bad is that the next day she got really mad and rubbed on her nose and broke the site open and the whole end of her nose is covered in a dark red scab.  Super great for the 2 year pictures that she needs to have.

DarthVadar

Darth Vadar and some Storm Trooper. Really? only the bad guys, couldn’t find a wookie? Goes along with the politicians.

moose

That’s right moose.  You better bring candy next time.

MountSquashmore

I did say it was a pumpkin festival.

And after 6 marching bands, 5 sets of cheerleaders, some Shriners in teeny tiny cars, some random cartoon characters and an impromptu traveling street volleyball game we called it quits and hitchhiked back home to get my niece, Ali, ready for homecoming.

alihomecomingalihomecoming2

No, but I might slip you some pink eye.

alihomecoming3

Right after this photo, the paparazzi swarmed and we had to take cover.

alihomecoming4

I wish I had her legs, Oh to be 15 again…

I did her hair and make-up which could have been dangerous considering I have no formal training, but don’t tell her that, I might be able to charge her the next time.  Feel free to hire me for any future homecoming events.  I can also be persuaded to do proms, bat mitzvahs, and the occasional wedding.

4 comments:

  1. Note for next year...staying for the parade after running the 10K is fine, but let's be prepared with extra food and a medic. Maybe a cot too. The parade stood in the way of my post run nap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clifford? The Big Red Dog? I didn't know kids still knew of him?!

    I'm thinking about having a second bah mitzvah for myself, so I'll keep you in mind. And, who knows, maybe a second Bris too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like I'm gonna make some $$$$$$. Better clear the calendar.

    ReplyDelete