Monday, September 19, 2011

Morton 10K

 

I couldn’t convince Jen to run in a tutu but this girl sure did.

mortontutu

Pretty sly of me.  I was to embarrassed to get any closer for a better shot. But the outfit was for breast cancer awareness so I can’t hate on that.

The race was pretty fun considering we were second guessing getting up at that ungodly hour.  But since I paid to be there I was getting my butt up to Morton rain or shine.

 

JencrapheadJesssmiteme

Remember I will help choose your nursing home when you can’t wipe your own butt.

The day started out kind of chilly in the high 40’s but by race time it was in the low 60’s or high 50’s and slightly overcast. Perfect! We had an excellent parking space, seriously two blocks from the start line. The corals were a kind of free for all and you had to organize yourself by pace. But overall it seems fairly organized for a smaller race. 793 participants on the 10K.  We even ran into some friends while in the coral but thankfully no one I didn’t want to see.

We even finished.

jessmorton

I spent a lot of time chasing that lady down and she still beat me. Crap!

Jenmorton

I tried to pull the tow rope harder but she just wouldn’t move any faster.

I finished 607 of 793 and Jen finished 610 of 793.  And the best part is that we were not last!!!!  Official time is 64 minutes but my Garmin has me at 63 minutes.  They had chip timing but they started every one at the same time but it took a good 30 seconds to get to the start line which is where I started my watch.  This is the time I am going with. 

That girl who calls herself my sister likes to sprint in the beginning so she set us a pace of a blazing 10:00 min mile.  The first two miles went as such with mile three slowing down to 10:15, mile 4 was 10:22, mile 5 was 10:37, and mile 6 picked back up to 10:18 with me finishing the last 0.2 miles at a 9:17 pace.  Blazing speed, I know. Don’t be jealous of my super fastness. 

girlsincar

The girls offered to drive us home. How sweet.

But instead we waited around for the great pumpkin parade and caught massive amounts of candy.  The end.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely pre-race pic of me, gross. Yes we finished but we have to some how get faster. Oh wait...that requires actually training. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic of the lady in the foreground of the tutu pic. She looks really happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as SOMEONE ran in a tutu, I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete