Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Staycation

 

Today is the first day of 15 days where I don’t have to work!!!!  Let the staycation begin.  Its’ gonna be just one big party, so come on over.

Funny Confession Ecard: I can't even afford a staycation.

After the last three days of running ragged I needed a post game conference. I would like to now personally thank Applebee’s for the “Perfect Margarita”.  The best drink ever.

perfectrita

I’ll take two please.

Of course my friend Tena went with me after work but ordered a beer.  I don’t do beer.  It tastes like liquid bread in a bottle and that just makes me sad.

So I decided that I would start the first day of vacation with the cardio since I haven’t run in like 5 days.  I’m lazy I know. Tell me something new.  It was pouring when I woke up so the treadmill it was.  I managed 2 miles before walking and then spent another 30 minutes on the elliptical.  All the while I watched it rain from 5 floors up.  It’s pretty depressing.  All I could think about was going back to bed or eating soup.  Yeah, try to run now!  But on the way  out I ran into a new little friend who was expressing his love for me.

Worm

Seriously found him just like this. I love you too invertebrate.

Wildlife must be in love with me.  Speaking of wildlife, have you heard what happening in Ohio.

I also am giving the diet from “Running Weight” a try.  This rain makes me want a big bowl of chili thought so I might fail miserably.  But it is only 10 hours into today and I’m doing well so far.  Score one for me.

Have you heard about this 100 year old man who just ran a marathon?

I’m impressed.  He started running in his 80’s.  So why am I running now?  I’ve got another 50 years before I even need to think about starting an exercise regime. 

2 comments:

  1. 100 years + running 26.2. I'm 37 and currently can't run 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why in the world was that guy allowed to have that many exocitc animals? Not right!
    I love the worm shot!

    ReplyDelete