Thursday, November 10, 2011

Maybe I shouldn’t do chili

 

After a VERY LONG 12 hour day at work, I did something that hasn't been done in weeks, perhaps months.  I went to the gym.  Now don’t get all excited it didn’t really go as well as I dreamed.  But that’s what you get for still thinking that you’re a young, fit, skinny, active individual.  When you are actually (cringe) old, overweight, out-of-shape, craptastic individual you can’t just get out there and run 26.2 miles.  Crazy, I know! 

aftonellie

You two just wait till high school, I can’t wait to ruin everything.

 

The plan went like this: run 3 miles and then lift weights on the arms for 30 minutes.  After 2.6 seconds on the treadmill reality set in and someone pulled the chain for the light bulb over my head.  It just wasn’t gonna happen.  I had hastily scarfed down a small cup of chili around 5:30pm or so to that I wouldn’t be famished and running.

BowlOfRedChili

By the time I got on the treadmill at 8:00pm it seemed that it had been good planning.  BUT I couldn’t breath, and my stomach cramped.  I was a hot mess.  It was the kind of breathing that I thought would ease after a little bit so I pushed through to a half a mile. (I know, I suck, keep you comments to yourself.) The half mile point is usually when things level out and I feel ok.  Well, that’s when it got worse today.  I had the feeling like when your pregnant and your uterus is so full of baby that there is no more room in your belly and your lungs have no where to expand.  That’s a feeling I really don’t want to remember.  So a mile was all I could handle before I was lightheaded. 

So on to plan B.  Lift some heavy stuff for a while and hope that no one really looks at you and figures out that you don’t know what your doing.  And that’s what I did for the rest of my time.

afton2

Thank you little girl #1, I knew I could count on you.

 

I pretty much deserved to be stoned for my lack of ability, but I guess its better than doing nothing after work.  So tomorrow I will attempt to bet fit all over again.  If you want to come watch me and heckle that would be great.  Any type of reinforcement, positive or negative, is much appreciated.

Funny Sympathy Ecard: I'm always available to discuss your problems via text.

1 comment:

  1. I am currently sitting at my desk eating a donut and haven't ran in weeks. At least you are making the attempt! My clothes are shrinking.

    ReplyDelete