Sunday, November 20, 2011

Abandoned in the Kitchen

 

Well, due to the wind yesterday and the fact that I’m a known wimp, running was OUT.  We are smack dab in the middle of nowhere land and it’s flat as flat can be with not many trees to break the 20 mph wind.  That’s ok though, more time to cook and eat.

ILland

Now spin in a circle and imagine that all around you for MILES!!!

The last few Thanksgiving dinners we have had, have gone the non-traditional route so this year we decided to go back to the old Turkey and Ham dinner and it did not disappoint.  It was also my first attempt at making yeast rolls.  I’m the bomb, it’s too bad you all couldn’t make it here to try them.  Side note: did you know that yeast sucks, and has an expiration date. See below for batch # 2 of yeast rolls.

yeast

 

DSC_0418

Before. Notice the clean counter.

DSC_0481

After. Golden brown perfection. And very healthy too.

 

My family abandoned me to the kitchen for other more important things.  My niece had a basketball tournament, my mom had some practice for a “Holiday Spectacular” (not sure what goes on there), my dad had to look at some guns and D tagged along with him.  So in an effort to expedite my cooking I sold the children to the highest bidder.

elliott4

Turns out they are only worth a couple buck and my sister bought them. No returns, no refunds.

cooking

The kitchen quite possibly could have been declared a national disaster area. Apparently a tornado touched down and moved a whole house into the kitchen at some point.  I called in the National Guard for clean up later in the day.  Eventually the stragglers made it back home to terrorize my efforts and steal/beg for food I threw up my hands, walked away and let the Mother finish.

debcooking

I was scared of the knife so I backed away, slowly.

Stay tuned for the actual buffet of debauchery.

How and when do you plan to celebrate your Thanksgiving holiday?

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I think I know why your yeast may not have worked as well as it should have....you should never use a metal bowl when activating your yeast or a metal spoon. It reacts to the yeast somehow. But even with that the rolls did turn out nice on the second try! You are becoming quite the baker! <3

    ReplyDelete