Wednesday, November 30, 2011

That Run Could Have Been Embarrassing

 

Started breaking in the new shoes today with 5 solid miles.  They felt really good.  Even though after 2 miles I had to hot step it to the locker room to avoid an embarrassing situation.  Luckily my treadmill had not been swiped by gang members or blue hairs and I got right back in it.  Pandora was awesome yet again today and provided me with some Jay-Z mix for the first half of the run and some Pink mix for the last half.  I just wish I could build a station of 10-20 artists of my choosing and not always have the computer randomly selecting music, though sometimes it pleasantly surprises me. 

28305_1345044427127_1261758468_30803450_598727_n[1]

Surprise!!! I’ll bite your face off.

Do you ever get really upset at inanimate objects when they don’t behave?  Like that sock that you just can’t get to shake off your foot or the piece of plastic you are throwing away but can’t get the static to release it from your finger?  Then you just end up shaking that appendage wildly in the air and cursing.   Yeah, I thought so.  Me too.  I find myself yelling at the shoes to move out of my way or the door handle to let go of my coat sleeve.  This could be a problem in the future when my kids wanna find a reason to put me in a home.  Until then I will continue to get frustrated with soulless objects and throw them across the room.

Funny Seasonal Ecard: Your Christmas present will be all the more meaningful to me if you had to pepper spray someone in order to get it.

This happened to me the other night, or should I say morning with my socks when I rolled into the house at around 4 am (nothing works when your tired).  Why home so late, you ask?  Well I was sucked into the black hole of mindlessness on Thanksgiving night that involved long lines and fighting over stupid crappy toys.  Ok, so I didn’t actually fight anyone for a toy but my white trash would have come out if I needed it to.  My friend Amber and I ventured out at 9pm to see how bad it could really be (and she acted as my personal body guard).

IMG_1005

you really love me even when I make you stay out all night

Boy did we underestimate the power of the deal.  The lines at Toys-R-Us and Best Buy stretched on for what seemed like miles and lets not even mention Wal-Mart. (Lets take the kids and a tent and camp out in the liquor isle to get that X-box we don’t need and can’t afford, sure sounds like a good plan)  That place game me an anxiety attack, and now that I know they are carrying pepper spray, I’m glad we got out before the may lay started.

IMG_1004

There were two women attacked in Terre Haute in the Toys R Us parking lot that were jumped and all of their new toys and left over cash were taken.  I’m not a serious shopper but we did find a few deals that worked out. We had a very late dinner at Denny’s before attempting any stores which worked in our favor. No lines to wait in and all the fight, stabbing and choke holds to get the hottest toys was over by 11 when things open at 9.  We just couldn’t seem to stop looking at all the deals and before we knew it it was 3:30 and I was spent.

IMG_1006

Everything seems like a good idea at 2:30am, especially with no sleep

Over all I’d say it was a success.  Not sure if I will attempt that again.  And if I do, I will definitely have a plan in place to avoid having to bring my prison made shiv with me.  It’s either that or take Amber with me again.

 

Do you venture out into the Black Friday Mess?

3 comments:

  1. YOUR PERSONAL BODYGUARDNovember 30, 2011 at 10:19 PM

    First of all I do hate you for that first pic...second we had fun and lastly i thought the plan was to do it again next year....but with an actual mapped out plan AND....wait for it...SWEATBANDS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got up at 3:50 a.m. to drive to The Limited to provide sweaters to crazy B's that thought they needed clothing that early. Could have been worse, Eastland mall actually opened at midnight this year. I'll take my 6 a.m. shift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about the sweatbands!!! We can't lose next year.

    ReplyDelete