Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Treadmill Marathon

 

Yep, today was even more difficult than yesterday when convincing myself to get moving in treadmill hell but it’s done and that makes me happy.  Two craptastic miles in the books and then another 30 minutes on the elliptical.  DONE!!!  Now the questions is do I get up at the butt crack of dawn and work out before work, drag myself after work or just avoid it all together tomorrow?  It remains to be seen.  Now if that darn bowl of candy would quit calling my name…

teeth

If only that were true, I’d have the best teeth ever.

Is it good to eat a diet high in peanut butter?  If so then I’m really healthy.  In fact I must be the poster child for health. Or not. 

peanutbutter

Have you ever considered running an entire marathon on the treadmill.  Yeah, me neither, but go watch this video from Tosh.0 about a treadmill marathon.  The beginning is a depressing view of two women trying to finish an ironman and crawling across the finish which leads to the idea for the actual treadmill marathon. 

The Kenyan cracks me up every time.  I don’t think he has ever ran on a treadmill before.  But this might be the only way that I ever run 26.2 miles.  I would need some poor sap who would have to run right next to me and couldn’t leave my side and would have to listen to me complain the whole time.

 

What do you think about a treadmill marathon?

2 comments:

  1. I hate even saying the word marathon...let alone putting the word treadmill in front of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ran 12 miles on a treadmill this past winter in Illinois. So boring. What is even worse is threadmill stops after an hour so I had to stop reset and start again. Nothing worse then stopping and forcing yourself to start again.

    ReplyDelete