Monday, November 7, 2011

Treadmill Purgatory

 

Seems like the beginning of every run, or workout for that matter, is a struggle.  I struggle for the desire to do anything, I struggle for the desire to keep going, and once I’m done I am dreading the next day when I have to do this all over again.  It’s not suppose to be like this!!!  Where is that fire I use to have for getting up and getting moving?  Lately, I just suck.  Though it probably doesn’t help that I have been only able to workout every 3 days or so.  (Stupid 12 hour job!) It seemed like it was easier when the weather was nice.

supertrooper3

Take today for example.  I made it to the gym by 8:30am-ish and then sat in the locker room talking myself into getting out there. Then once I pulled my large butt off the locker room floor and took the steps necessary to get going I ended up on an elliptical first for around 20 minutes just talking myself into running.  It didn’t help that there was a young, skinny, fit, and pretty girl running her back side off right next to me at warp speed.  After deciding to make the leap over to treadmill purgatory I could only do 3 miles before crumpling into a depressing heap back in the locker room. 

supertrooper

Did I mention the whole time I was running I stared at a gray sky, pouring rain?  It really was a spirit booster!  I’m going out on a limb here and conclude that my aversion to working out lately has to do with a combination of things.

1. I‘m in a rut.

2. I don’t have any workout buddies.

3. I think I’m having a midlife crisis.  (I will be 30 soon)

supertrooper2

And we all know it’s easier to complain about things instead of changing them, so I’m gonna keep complaining for the time being until divine intervention happens and fixes one of the above. 

supertrooper4

Maybe at this point I should be seeking some professional help.  But who can afford that?  I’ll just continue hating running until I like it again… Yeah, that might work.

2 comments:

  1. You are not alone in your lack of motivation. Plus I have 8 years on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 is the new 20 haven't you heard. :) Cold weather ruins everything!!

    ReplyDelete