Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Don’t let the Zombies Catch You!!!!

 

Today was my first day running in a week and normally I would really be dreading it, but today was different for some reason that I can’t put my finger on (maybe cause I’m not throwing my guts up today).  I don’t like to go more than two days without running cause my body has some sort of rejection with getting moving again.  I opted for the treadmill today cause I didn’t feel like getting hit by a car today outside.

 

Anyhoo, ran 4 miles at a normal pace for myself, around a 10:30-10:00 mile.  I usually start out slow and speed up through the miles.  Then I decided to go all Skinny Runner and run at her “slow” pace.  I got through 0.3 miles at a 8:30 pace.  (She is a beast, by the way)

IMG_0782

Me post run in the locker room. Note the face I will make when chased by Zombies.

 

This almost killed me.  How do people keep this pace up for multiple miles? And SR does a quicker pace for 26.2 miles.  I thought I died when I jumped off the treadmill, jiggly leg muscles and all.  It was a full out sprint!  I’ll be the first one caught by the Zombies.

“I’m training to catch you my pretty.”

 

I have this problem/habit of putting on a concert in my head while running.  This includes me singing to myself, which includes me mouthing the words while panting and occasionally breaking into a drum solo.  Well the little old man 4 machines down from me kept eye balling be the whole time.  He was just jealous he couldn’t come to my show. Todays concert included a rendition of the Lincoln Park/ Jay-Z collaboration album. I love, love, love this for running.

Jay-Z with Linkin Park's Chester Bennington and Brad Delson

Who you know fresha than Hova?!?!?!?! I’m gonna be rapper some day.

 

 

Today was also little girl #1 first day of Kindergarten. Insert sad face here.  She was a trooper.  Didn’t cry at all.  (Either of us.)

 

DSC_1183Yes that is a fake bulldog on my porch.  Look close we glued his front leg back on.  We’re high class. Don’t hate.

DSC_1190

Little girl #1 in her first classroom. Check out the total ghetto pig tattoo on her left arm from the State Fair.  We just can’t hide our white trash roots.

 

DSC_1191

That’s Jack with Afton. They are cousin (6 weeks apart). And in the same class.  That poor teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment