Friday, August 19, 2011

Seriously, Richard!!!

 

The “gym” that I use when I’m unable unwilling to run outside or in need of some cross-training is actually at my workplace.  This can work to my advantage at times but not in others.  It’s  more of a fitness center, there are treadmills, weights, machines, bikes, and one whole room for exercise classes. (Major bummer: No childcare offered)  There is also some training room with machines that I can only classify as torture equipment.  They say that its for some sort of elite training of athletes.  Maybe I should sign up…

 

 

I don’t use much of the gym, just usually a treadmill or a elliptical trainer.  There are times when I use the free weights or a medicine ball.  But that’s sporadic at best.

Really?!?!?!

 

 

My favorite is going in the morning when all the little old folks are there lifting 2lbs weights and walking at a 2.5mph on the treadmill.  They are the ones that usually eyeball me when I’m having my own little concert on the treadmill. 

 

I hate it when Grandma borrows my purple shiny spandex.  They never come back the same.

 

The drawback of this gym is that it is actually at my workplace.  I get a killer deal and my monthly dues are automatically deducted from my check each month BUT it’s at my work.  So if it’s a day that I don’t actually have to be at work it still feels like I’m going to work.  And who want’s to be reminded of work? Yuck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment