Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Short History

I have always been a very active person.  I played softball and volleyball in middle school and high school. I later went on to play volleyball in college.  It's great to be able to eat all you want cause you know you are gonna spend close to 3 hours a day either practicing or playing a game.
 Me and my siblings, I'm in the middle as always.
Then that gravy train stops full tilt and you are thrown into the real world of trying to fit in exercise with work or school and everything else that comes with being an adult.
Me and my better half
After my V-ball days I decided to go to nursing school and during that time I gained a little weight.  I'd like to think that this was my Freshman 10 but just a little late.  I didn't exercise much during this time (see above "real world excuse") but made it through.  After getting my first "real job" my husband and I joined the gym and ran and lifted weights. 

(this is D-day, note lack of enthusiasm in my face as well as large amount of stretch marks)

Well having a baby throws a crimp in that staying in shape thing.  Unless that shape you chose is round.
(Afton- 10lbs 10oz- I'd be pissed to about that birth weight girl!)

I pretty much used that pregnancy to do anything I wanted and gained close to 60 lbs.  It took a year after having my first I started running again and actually ran a half marathon in 2008 and did it all wrong. 





(Elliott- 8lbs 9oz- A much svelter girl than her sister)

Then excuse number 2 came along in 2009 and it took another year to get back into running.  I've been pretty consistent since that time and ran another half this past May in Indianapolis as well as some other odd little races here and there. 
(Present Day- Note the evil red eyes. It captures their mischievousness well)
This time I'm hooked.  It's like a drug.  I don't want that drug every day like I do a good donut or a bag of chips but I keep going with it so I can eat those glorious carbohydrates.








That's me this morning before my run. I'm chunk-a-riffic.


I've managed to loose around 40 since picking up the running this time around and plan on loosing more.  I'm just not willing to sacrifice food to do it.  I find myself eating better but those carbs are always calling.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing everyone what we look like post-Christmas nap, bad hair day and wearing mom's fleece.

    ReplyDelete