Saturday, August 27, 2011

Howl at the Moon

 

The last two days have been spent in Indy.  For those who don’t know what that is, it is short of Indianapolis, IN.  I love it there.  It’s almost like being in Chicago, slightly smaller and less wind.

living in Indianapolis

Downtown Indy and the Canal, I love this place!

I went to IU Methodist Hospital for a 2 day Med/Surg review course.  It was a class to get me ready to take a really big expensive test so I can say I’m a “Certified” Med/Surg nurse and add a few extra letters to the end of my name.  IU always puts on really good courses on all sorts of different topics, so I was really looking forward to this class.

They provided some “light” reading material for us as a study aid.

DSC_1193

DSC_1194

I have to say that the class was very educational, but LONG.  It felt like being in school all over again except we didn’t get a recess.  I need my recess!  All the speakers knew their stuff and I felt that I received the information I needed but with that being said they were not all the most interesting speakers.  They had one speaker that said “um” 467,000 times throughout an hour. She might have been a little nervous.  It made me want to pull my eyeballs out with toothpicks. Blunt toothpicks.

officespace

Now I get to figure out which nursing association I want to test through, pay close to $400 and take a 175 question test.  Then guess what? If I don’t pass I’m out the money and have to pay to take the test again.  I’m gonna go with passing the darn thing on the first time around.  This cheapskate is freaking out!

 

 

I went with some other co-workers and had a really good time. Even if there was some snoring going on…

KathyG

TenaH

Don’t hate me girls…

We stayed at a super awesome Homewood Suites by Hilton in downtown Indy right near the city circle.  I stole this pictures from the Hilton web site, the only difference in our room was that we had two queen sized beds instead of the king.  I am currently thinking of moving into this for an apartment, I am in love.

Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown, Indiana

Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown, Indiana

Source

It was not near Payton Manning’s house though.

Payton

It’s ok Payton, we’ll catch up later.

We met some friends at Howl at the moon, Payton couldn’t come, but it was super dee dooper crazy fun.  I’d never been before and it was just around the corner from our hotel.  It’s a doling piano bar and they are crazy, I requested some Beastie Boys and they rocked it out! They even have audience participation at times.  If you ever get a chance to go I highly suggest it.  I plan on going back for my birthday. (I hope someone reads this who is gonna plan my birthday)

Howlatthemoon1

We got there pretty early for a good table but later into the night those empty table were packed and it was pretty tight in there.  But the atmosphere was lively and I would have loved to stay longer but we had to be up the next day to go to the Med/Surg class.

Needless to say I really didn’t have time to run.  I took all my running gear and had planned to run the canal if time allowed but between being in class for 9 hours and traffic in downtown around construction I had no time.  That sucked but what are you gonna do?  Life will go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment