Monday, August 29, 2011

Chaffing Woes

 

After 5 days of being lazy and avoiding exercise, today was the day to jump back in the game with 6 long, slow thigh chaffing miles.  It was beautiful outside this morning. 68o and a light breeze.  Loved it.  It has been so hot this summer that being outside had not been one of my favorite pastimes.

 

I started out super slow and ended with just kina slow, but what’s new? It was an out and back so I decided that I wanted to do the back a little bit faster. So the first 3 miles were around 11:15 min miles and the last were closer to 10:45 miles.  They were stupid slow miles but I felt good doing them considering it has been so long since running this week.

mythighshurt

Don’t be jealous of my doo rag, I know you are.

The only problem was the chaffing to the big girl thighs.  I used my body glide but perhaps not liberally enough considering I was wearing shorts today.

mythighshurt2

This sucks a big one but I only started feeling it the last half mile so at least I wasn’t miserable the whole time.  And this guy is never any help.  He’s too old to run with me.

Leroy

Once I got home I made my self an egg, mushroom, and green onion scramble (cause I can’t perfect the omelet) and of course added some toast with butter.  How else is a girl suppose to eat some eggs?  Is it lazy that I cut up my veggies with kitchen scissors? I like to think it makes me frugal with my time. You know instead of getting out the cutting board and knife and all that cleaning…

elliebday

I hope that the 2nd birthday is as smashing as the 1st.  Pun intended.

Today I plan on the beginning of deep cleaning the house for the 2 year old birthday party that will be here Saturday. There is so much to do and so little time to do it in.  I may be bald in my next post due to stress related anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment